Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome to my new blog!...first post: let's talk about Facebook!

Hello out there, Internet world!  After signing up to have a blog, I finally decided to post something on it.  It only took about half a year, lol.

The first thing I want to blog about is the book that I just finished reading, The Accidental Billionaires, a book by the business journalist Ben Mezrich about the founding of Facebook.  The Amazon.com link to this book, where you can find others' reviews on the book, is http://www.amazon.com/Accidental-Billionaires-Founding-Facebook-Betrayal/dp/0307740986/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310301160&sr=1-1 ...  This book is the basis of the movie that came out not too long ago, the Social Network, which starred Justin Timberlake as the supporting Sean Parker character in the movie.

Below is a link to the trailer for that movie:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4152690201/

Overall, the book was a great read on my Kindle.  It was slow starting to read it, but once I got into it the virtual pages just flew by!

Which leads me into my next segway...so what is the future of Facebook, Inc.?  Does it have the staying power of, say, an Amazon.com, or will it fade like MySpace and Napster did?  I think Facebook will be here to stay, although it might eventually diminish a little in popularity.  I know that there are rumors that Facebook will go public as a company in the first quarter of 2012...which is exciting news.  Once Facebook, Inc. is out there on the public market, I hope to get a "little piece of the action" myself, maybe a few shares.  Will Facebook lead to big profits as a public company?  I guess only time will tell...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment